"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein.”
Einstein’s observation is truly relevant to engage this new generation with the sustainability chain and wellness education, which is all connected. We have to change our thinking!!!
Starting from us, the grown ups, “The Role Models” for them.
Environment Peki: Think Green
Sustainability: Feel it & Action!
1. Fall in LOVE with it! Experience it!
3. Act Green
Sustainable Happiness + Sustainable Environment
Find Your ELEMENT* in Life
Incorporate Nature in your Routine
* The Element, as per Sr. Ken Robinson, is the point at which natural talent meets personal passion. When people arrive at the Element, they feel most themselves and most inspired and achieve at their highest levels.
Act Green: "Less is better than more; Less is much better than more"
Consume Local Products/Fair Trade/Labors and Organics
Be Hands On (crafts/homemade)
A Woman Thinking Green
I believe that we need to improve our communication and create a new, fun and simpler way of presenting and teaching values to our children. We talk too much, but don’t necessarily communicate well with our children. The communication problem starts from “helicopter parenting” where we over analyze and over explain many subjects. In addition to that, most importantly is to return more often to nature, one of our greatest allies.I work on ideas to inspire families as much as possible to incorporate new habits that will benefit the environment and our well being.
P.S.: I dressed up for Halloween at Battery Park City Parks as "Wonder Earth Warrior", as the children called me and I was thrilled noticing that the they were very engaged with the idea of respecting and loving our Planet, "Mother Nature". Mission accomplished, with kindness, creativity and lot's of fun!
"If we are going to save environmentalism and the environment, we must also save and endangered indicator species: the child in nature"- Richard Louv- Environmentalist
Sustainability is part of Peki’s Philosophy.
Sustainability for us, Friends of PeKi starts with…. Kindness!!!! To other beings and to the world around us.
As a practical exercise, it is by creating daily routines focused on respect and well being, we can each have our own Formula to bring conscience and positive change to the world.
PeKi’s discussions, programs and activities try to inspire families to:
• consume only what is necessary and fulfilling, while understanding the concept of excess
• build for the common good, create to support evolution and plant to perpetuate life
• understand the importance of choosing brands that value humans and the environment (work source, local producers, clean production and manufacturing)
• be a good example in their attitudes, so every child could inspire the next and cause a positive impact for a change. Everyone can plant a seed.
• respect the Time/Life. Do not take either for granted and use it wisely, with a purpose. Even if the purpose is to replenish your own energy, after all, true love and kindness starts inside.
On behalf of Peki Family, I can't wait to be involved on new happy and green projects with you!
Vanessa, A Woman Feeling Happily Green